Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Darkwing Duck Buttons/Pins (Part 2)

Welcome to PART 2, and the last part of the Darkwing Duck pins/buttons/what-have-you!

First off, we've got your basic Disney Channel promo pin. Wow. Exciting.


Second, we've got a Megavolt pin! This one rules.

STORYTIME!! One time, I ran into Dan Castellaneta at a movie theater, and when I talked to him, I told him my favorite character of his was Megavolt and he got all freaked out, because everybody is all "HOMER SIMPSON" at him all the time. He spoke in Megavolt's voice at me and asked me politely to "shut up, dimbulb". It was AWESOME.


Next up, we've got a Disney Club pin from France! Why is he called Myster Mask in France? I have no idea.


Last, but certainly not least, we have the amazing, super cool, and super rare Double O Duck pin! Now, you may be saying to yourself, "Wait a gosh darn minute. This is supposed to be Darkwing Duck pins/buttons/what-have-you! Not Double O Duck, whoever the heck that is! I demand an apology, good sir!" Well guess what... YOU'RE WRONG!! Double O Duck is the original Darkwing Duck!! KAPOW!!

Apparently the "Double O" term is a copyright of the people who own the James Bond franchise, and wouldn't let Disney use the "Double O" in their character's name. Either that, or they charged too much. I'm okay with that.


This is a really, really early (and kind of weird) design of the character, and he's obviously based off the model sheet for Donald Duck... even though the show was originally conceived as a spinoff of a DuckTales episode with the title "Double O Duck", starring the Launchpad character. Confusing, I know.

This pin was originally given out at a press conference/stockholder event for Disney, where they were promoting all their new shows in development. All I can say is THANK GOD they changed the character to Darkwing Duck.

If you're so inclined, you can watch the "Double O Duck" episode of DuckTales below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment